Our workbook for 2nd graders in Japan, “Super Heroes: English Handbook”, is an exciting resource to engage children via hands-on learning. The workbook contains 5 lessons, which can be taught in a standard 45 minute class period.
- Say one’s name. (My name’s _____.)
- Greet someone for the first time. (Nice to meet you.)
- Review colors and shapes from 1st grade.
- Learn number 11-20.
- Ask someone their name. (What’s your name?)
- Simple math vocabulary. (plus, minus, equals)
- Learn body vocabulary. (elbow, hand, arm, knee, leg, foot, head))
- Left and right.
- Ask about an amount. (How many cookies.)
- Learn action vocabulary. (run, skip, wave, dance, laugh, walk, touch)
- Ask how someone is. (How are you?)
- Say how you are. (fine, angry, sad, tired, happy, hungry)
- Learn food vocabulary. (an apple, a carrot, corn, popcorn, chocolate, a hot dog, steak,chicken, nigiri, sushi, pasta, cake)
- Ask what something is. (What’s this? It’s _____.)
To provide students with visual worksheets to help achieve language goals, without having to give explanations in Japanese.
All instructions in the textbook are considered passive language, and students are not required to be able to read them. We include the instructions to expose students to written English.
See what’s inside!
All files are B5, but also print clearly as A4.
Wall Charts and Cue Cards
(Both the Pages and Word cue card files have a small triangle in the lower left corner. We change the color of the triangle with each set we print. This way it is easy to gather sets after being used. The PDF files uses a plain white background.)
Materials copyright 2015 flipENGLISH. These materials may not be redistributed without permission from us. Ask first! These materials are free to download and print. Please use them! These materials may not be sold on any other website or bookstore.